The American Legion Boys State program started in Illinois in 1935 and came to Michigan in 1938. By participating in mock local, county and state government exercises, delegates learn firsthand about leadership, practical citizenship and the democratic process through activities that include legislative sessions, court proceedings, presentations, bands, choruses and recreational programs.
DATES FOR 2019 COMING SOON!
Be one of the first to learn about the 2019 Boys State Schedule
- Hashtag for 2018 #BoysState2018
- Open to high school juniors
- Program dates are June 2019 TBA
- At Grand Valley State University, Allendale Campus
- Boys State 2018 Handbook
- Boys State Delegate required forms (to be returned prior to the start of the program)
- Samsung Scholarship Information – click here
- Samsung Scholarship FAQ – click here
- Michigan Boys State Facebook – Like Us
- Be a male high school student
- Completed junior year of high school or an accredited home-school equivalent by start of the boys state program
- Is 15+ years of age by June 1, 2019
- Visit www.michalaux.org/girls-state for information about the Michigan American Legion Auxiliary Girls State Program