Golfing to support Michigan Boys State.
Do you want to play golf?
- Boys State 2020 canceled
- Samsung Scholarship FAQ – click here
- Michigan Boys State Facebook – Like Us
“Democracy is a verb, not a noun”
The American Legion Boys State program started in Illinois in 1935 and came to Michigan in 1938. By participating in mock local, county and state government exercises, delegates learn firsthand about leadership, practical citizenship and the democratic process through activities that include legislative sessions, court proceedings, presentations, bands, choruses and recreational programs.
Be one of the first to learn about the 2021 Boys State Program
- Open to high school juniors
- At Grand Valley State University, Allendale Campus
- Be a male high school student
- Completed junior year of high school or an accredited home-school equivalent by the start of the boy’s state program
- Visit www.michalaux.org/girls-state for information about the Michigan American Legion Auxiliary Girls State Program