Join us for our first annual golf outing. Visit michiganboysstate.org/golf-outing for more details.
2020 at Grand Valley State University, Allendale Campus – See you next year
- Boys State 2020 will be June 14, 2020 to June 20, 2020
- Samsung Scholarship FAQ – click here
- Michigan Boys State Facebook – Like Us
“Democracy is a verb, not a noun”
The American Legion Boys State program started in Illinois in 1935 and came to Michigan in 1938. By participating in mock local, county and state government exercises, delegates learn firsthand about leadership, practical citizenship and the democratic process through activities that include legislative sessions, court proceedings, presentations, bands, choruses and recreational programs.
Be one of the first to learn about the 2020 Boys State Program
- Open to high school juniors
- At Grand Valley State University, Allendale Campus
- Be a male high school student
- Completed junior year of high school or an accredited home-school equivalent by start of the boys state program
- Visit www.michalaux.org/girls-state for information about the Michigan American Legion Auxiliary Girls State Program