The American Legion Boys State program started in Illinois in 1935 and came to Michigan in 1938. By participating in mock local, county and state government exercises, delegates learn firsthand about leadership, practical citizenship and the democratic process through activities that include legislative sessions, court proceedings, presentations, bands, choruses and recreational programs.
2019 Michigan Boys State will be
June 16-22, 2019 at Grand Valley State University, Allendale Campus
To register for the 2019 Boys State program complete and return the application.
Be one of the first to learn about the 2019 Boys State Schedule
- Open to high school juniors
- Program dates are June 16-22, 2019
- At Grand Valley State University, Allendale Campus
- The Boys State 2019 Handbook will be sent in the spring of 2019
- Samsung Scholarship Information – click here
- Samsung Scholarship FAQ – click here
- Michigan Boys State Facebook – Like Us
- Be a male high school student
- Completed junior year of high school or an accredited home-school equivalent by start of the boys state program
- Visit www.michalaux.org/girls-state for information about the Michigan American Legion Auxiliary Girls State Program