- Boys State Counselor Application-COMING SOON
- Boys State Flyer 1
Fall Conference Handouts - During Fall Conference members of Post 98 in Big Rapids shared their success in recruiting students for programs. These are the handouts given.
- Boys State Handouts in one PDF file
- Boys/Girls State recruiting checklist - MS Word
- Boys/Girls State interview times - MS Word
- Boys/Girls State letter to parents - MS Word
- Boys/Girls State funding options - MS Word
- Boys/Girls State sponsor letter in spring - MS Word
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS?
Must be a junior (11th grade) in high school or in the equivalent of an 11th-grade accredited home-schooled program, must be 16+ years old and have an interest in government.
ARE SPONSORSHIPS AVAILABLE?
Anyone can sponsor a boy(s) to attend the program, such as American Legion Posts, Sons of the Legion, American Legion, Auxiliary, civic organizations, businesses, clubs, schools, families, and interested individuals.
IS THERE A REFUND POLICY?
Any boy who, for unforeseen reasons, cannot fulfill his obligations to attend the program before the application deadline date May 1, 2024, will need his sponsor to submit a written request to the above-mentioned address to receive a refund in full. Refunds in writing received from May 2 - June 22, 2024, will result in a deduction of $45 (administration fee) per boy. Once the Boys State Program starts, there will be no refunds for boys who don’t attend the program.
Boys State Media Kit
IS THERE A PROGRAM FOR YOUNG WOMEN?