- Boys State Counselor Application
- Boys State Fundraising Letters
- Boys/Girls State Poster Large
- Boys/Girls State Poster – Small
- Boys State Flyer 2018
2018 Fall Conference Handouts – During the 2018 Fall Conference members of Post 98 in Big Rapids shared their success in recruiting students for programs. These are the handouts given.
- Boys State Handouts in one PDF file
- Boys/Girls State recruiting checklist – MS Word
- Boys/Girls State interview times – MS Word
- Boys/Girls State letter to parents – MS Word
- Boys/Girls State funding options – MS Word
- Boys/Girls State sponsor letter in spring – MS Word
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS?
Must be a junior (11th grade) in high school or in the equivalent of an 11th grade accredited home-schooled program, must be 15+ years old by June 4, 2018, and have an interest in government.
ARE SPONSORSHIPS AVAILABLE?
Anyone can sponsor a boy(s) to attend the program such as American Legion Posts, Sons of the Legion, American Legion, Auxiliary, civic organizations, businesses, clubs, schools, families, and interested individuals.
IS THERE A REFUND POLICY?
Any boy who, for unforeseen reasons, cannot fulfill his obligations to attend the program before the application deadline date of May 25, 2018, will need his sponsor to submit a written request to the above-mentioned address to receive a refund in full. Refunds in writing received from May 17 – June 17, 2018, will result in a deduction of $45 (administration fee) per boy. Once the Boys State Program starts, there will be no refunds for boys who don’t attend the program.
Boys State Media Kit
IS THERE A PROGRAM FOR YOUNG WOMEN?