- Boys State Counselor Application
- Boys State Fundraising Letters
- Boys/Girls State Poster Large
- Boys/Girls State Poster – Small
- Boys State Flyer for Student 1
- Boys State Flyer for Student 2
- Boys State Flyer for Teachers 1
- Boys State Flyer for Teachers 2
Fall Conference Handouts – During Fall Conference members of Post 98 in Big Rapids shared their success in recruiting students for programs. These are the handouts given.
- Boys State Handouts in one PDF file
- Boys/Girls State recruiting checklist – MS Word
- Boys/Girls State interview times – MS Word
- Boys/Girls State letter to parents – MS Word
- Boys/Girls State funding options – MS Word
- Boys/Girls State sponsor letter in spring – MS Word
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS?
Must be a junior (11th grade) in high school or in the equivalent of an 11th grade accredited home-schooled program, must be 15+ years old by June 4, 2018, and have an interest in government.
ARE SPONSORSHIPS AVAILABLE?
Anyone can sponsor a boy(s) to attend the program such as American Legion Posts, Sons of the Legion, American Legion, Auxiliary, civic organizations, businesses, clubs, schools, families, and interested individuals.
IS THERE A REFUND POLICY?
Any boy who, for unforeseen reasons, cannot fulfill his obligations to attend the program before the application deadline date May 26, 2020, will need his sponsor to submit a written request to the above-mentioned address to receive a refund in full. Refunds in writing received from May 27 – June 14, 2020, will result in a deduction of $45 (administration fee) per boy. Once the Boys State Program starts, there will be no refunds for boys who don’t attend the program.
Boys State Media Kit
IS THERE A PROGRAM FOR YOUNG WOMEN?